After 4 long months the Kings Fitness team are thrilled to announce that we will be reopening on Saturday 25 July, following the announcement from the government last week.
The team have been planning how to reopen safely, and a summary of our rigorous safety measures we will be implementing include:
- Reduced member capacity across the club and facilities, providing a minimum of 1 metre+ social distancing at all times.
- More gym space created, with equipment being moved around to allow exercising at a safe distance.
- Reduced class sizes, and in some cases their durations. This will allow for a thorough cleaning regime to take place between classes.
- Increased access points to Kings Fitness facilities, including walkways and floor markings to assist you with your journey.
- Frequent sanitiser stations, cleaning equipment and staff on hand to ensure you feel safe every step of the way.
For more information on our safety measures, please click here
In the short term, Kings Fitness & Leisure will be a member’s only club. This will allow us to monitor numbers and adhere to government test and trace requirements. We cannot wait to get the wider community back at Kings as soon as possible.
In March, we wrote to you, stating that all memberships would be paused, with no fees being collected until we reopen. Listed below, is a summary of how we will be restarting:
- All active Gold, Silver, Student & Sports Academy (16 years +) direct debit memberships will be reinstated from 25th July. We will collect August membership fees on Monday 3rd August 2020, in the normal way.
- For our Annual Gold, Silver, Student & Sports Academy (16 years +) members, Kings Fitness & Leisure will have been closed for 126 days, your annual membership will be extended by this amount of time.
- Swim Academy (including Kingfishers), Junior and Sports Academy (4-15 years) memberships, will continue to remain paused. You do not need to do anything. We will write to you when activities relating to these memberships will restart.
- If you have cancelled your membership, and you wish to re-join, please click here
- If you would like to join Kings Fitness & Leisure as a new member, please click here.
For new memberships, we actively encourage you to join online, you can collect your membership card on your first visit to Kings Fitness. This will reduce the amount of contact time you spend at the reception desk.
- As per government guidance, all changing rooms and showers will temporarily remain closed. If you have any additional needs please inform the staff prior to your arrival, we will be more than happy to accommodate you.
- Please arrive to Kings Fitness ready to exercise, with a full drinks bottle.
- Please arrive beach ready and use the limited available cubicles in the swimming pool changing village to remove outer clothing and place your items in the lockers provided.
- We will publish online, brand new Fitness Class and Swimming Pool timetables to adhere to government guidance and to cater for our exciting new extension.
- The only time you will be required to pre book for an activity, will be for any fitness classes you wish to attend. These classes will be available to book online, week beginning 20th July. We will be returning our Fitness Class timetable in phases to the demands of our members and the facilities available.
- We want your experience to be as normal as possible, therefore you will not need to book for the pool or gym. However, this may be implemented if we deem it necessary.
Please ensure you digest all the information above before visiting Kings Fitness & Leisure. As you will see on arrival, our extension is in full swing and we cannot wait for you to benefit from these additional facilities in the not too distant future.
We look forward to seeing you from the 25th July.
The Kings Fitness Team