WE'RE E X T E N D I N G OUR WELCOME
Dear members & all facility users of Kings Fitness & Leisure,
You may remember, back in May 2019 we asked our members to complete a user questionnaire of all facilities at Kings Fitness & Leisure. Over the past 10 months, the team have been working to create a better facility in accordance with the feedback of facility users. Our members asked for a more efficient entry system into Kings Fitness & Leisure; parking was a real problem; poolside showers were dated; swim lesson management needed to be smoother and the need for more Junior Activities at different times was emphasised.
In October 2019 we installed turnstiles, which has significantly reduced waiting times at the front desk; in January 2020, we opened a road leading down to the Kings of Wessex Academy tennis courts, increasing car parking space of an evening. We changed the way we manage our swim school, which now includes general swimming sessions as part of the swim academy membership. We retiled the poolside showers, installing new cubicle showers and invested in more junior activities.
Finally, our members, guests and other facility users wanted increased available space for our growing community to take part in Fitness classes and other activities! After an unsuccessful funding bid, we were more determined than ever to realise the vision of 2 brand new activity spaces, extending the North side of the building. The project will benefit the community and will mean we can put on additional services including a crèche, fitness classes, courses and increased exercise spaces.
It is with great pleasure that we can announce, on Monday 2nd March 2020, we will be welcoming contractors on site to start the extension of Kings Fitness & Leisure. The project, exciting as it is, will bring about its challenges.
We ask our members and users to work with us during this time of transition, and remember the end goal! Kings Fitness & Leisure will continue to operate, business as usual, and we will continuously work with the contractors to cause minimal disruption to our members and other facility users.
Short Term issues:
The extension will permanently reduce the car park by 6 spaces. The build of the project will reduce the car park by more. To keep Health and Safety at a premium, current classes may be disrupted and aesthetically, reception and the front of the building will appear less attractive due to the makeover.
How we can all work together, reducing issues:
- Kings Fitness & Leisure staff will have alternative venues to park their cars, other than our car park; freeing up as much space possible for our facility users. We will be asking the Kings of Wessex Academy staff and students to do the same.
- We will ask our users to find other ways of getting to Kings Fitness, other than using their cars. We will be exploring an incentive scheme for those that cycle and walk to Kings Fitness & Leisure.
- If you need to use the car park, please approach with caution and park in designated spaces (not on the pavements). There will be more people on their bikes and feet!
- We will be providing the amenities to get your bikes road worthy. This will include a bike pump, puncture repair kit, chain oil and tools to help you get on your bike!
- Please arrive early for you classes or planned sessions, giving yourself an extra few minutes to get to the centre! If you need to park elsewhere, please park responsibly where businesses and residents are not affected.
- Save our website as a bookmark, and like us on Facebook, checking these 2 online platforms will keep you updated with any information you may need to be aware of.
- Please ensure you book into your classes. If classes need to be altered, your booking will enable us to inform you of any changes.
The end goal:
Towards the end of 2020, Kings Fitness will have an upgraded studio 2, this will become a bespoke Indoor Cycling studio. There will be a brand new Holistic studio for classes including Yoga, Pilates, Body Balance—to name but a few. There will be a brand new multi-purpose studio that will be home to fitness, study and child activities. There will be a larger space for our resident beautician and a meet and greet area in the gym for consultations.
Finally, from all the staff at Kings Fitness & Leisure, thank you for your unprecedented support. Without our members and guests, we would not be able to provide the facility we do, and expand as we plan to. Thank you for being part of the journey.
GET IN TOUCH
Do you have a question, or would like to get in touch with a member of our team?
Just simply leave us your details in the form and we will get back to you!
PREFER TO GIVE US A CALL?
Call our friendly team on 01934 744939