We hope that you and your families are keeping well. We have some exciting news for you – swimming lessons (Stages 1-10 and Rookie Lifeguard) will be starting back up at Kings Fitness & Leisure on Monday 5th October!
We will be collecting your full amount on the 1st October direct debit collection. If you do not want to restart your child’s lessons please email email@example.com by Tuesday 15th September in order to cancel the direct debit.
As you will expect there will be changes to lessons and our procedures in order to keep everybody safe before, during and after lessons. Due to the government guidance we have had to reduce class capacities and alter lesson times. As and when the guidance changes, we will review our lesson timetable.
All lessons will now have a 45-minute time slot giving you time before and after your child’s lesson for changing and for us to implement our cleaning measures. Please login to the Home Portal to check the time that you need to arrive for your child’s lesson. You can access home portal by navigating to the swim lessons section of our website! The first 5 minutes of your time slot will be for changing before the lesson starts, and the last 10 minutes will be for changing after the lesson has finished).
Please find a summary of our procedures for swimming lessons.
- We request that only one adult attends with the child where possible.
- We encourage that children come ‘beach ready’ (swimwear under their clothes).
- Please encourage children to use the toilets before arriving at Kings.
- Over shoes must be worn before entering the changing village (or remove outer footwear) – these are provided and can be reused.
- Cubicles are available for changing and the same cubicle must be used before and after the child’s lesson (belongings can be left in this cubicle).
- Parents are asked to remain at the cubicle and the swim teacher will escort your child to and from their lesson.
- Children will be asked to shower poolside before they enter the pool and use the hand sanitiser provided.
- There are no showers available after the lesson.
- The café is open but there is a limit to the number of people that can be in the viewing area at any one time – (please respect those parents with children under 8 who must be in close proximity of their child’s lesson)
- If there is no seats available – please utilise the cafes take away service and wait elsewhere (remembering social distancing)
These bullet points are a starting point, we will shortly be releasing a video demonstrating the procedure which you can show the children!
If it is impossible for your child to attend their new scheduled lesson, then please call our reception team on 01934 744939 and we will do our best to accommodate you on another day/time.
We will not be accepting new Swim Academy members initially, so that we can cater for all existing children.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We are looking forward to welcoming you all back soon.
Kings Fitness & Leisure