Walking Football, what is it? It’s very much like five a side football, but with a couple of key differences to make it suitable for all people!
- The ball can go above head height
- There is no running, but you can walk fast!
- It is non contact, so you can block a ball but not tackle other players.
Walking Football could be for you, another example of a fantastic support network gained from being at Kings Fitness ✅ Walking Football at Kings Fitness & Leisure takes place on Wednesday evenings down on our Astro Turf pitch, 19:00 – 20:00!
Last Wednesday, In front of a fantastic crowd approaching double figures, Cheddar played their first ever match against a fun, but very competitive team who travelled over the Mendips from Peasedown.
The myths dispelled!
- It is not just for old men.
- It is suitable for all ages.
- It is FUN
- It is football, but would suit new/non footballers too
How do I start?
- Just turn up on a Wednesday night
- Make yourself known to Tim Richens
- Bring your kit
- Have fun
What kit do I need?
- Standard “gym”/leisure kit
- Training shoes (not football boots)
- All other kit provided by Cheddar Walking Football Club
And, what does it cost?
- It’s free to try it out (the first two sessions are completely free!)
- “Members” who bring a new guest get their session free
- After your free sessions it’s only £3 a week (for an hours fun!)
- There are no membership or joining fees!