COVID secure guidelines
When you're ready, we're ready
We are thrilled to open our facility to members of Kings Fitness & Leisure. Over the past months the team have worked hard to welcome you back, in an environment where you feel safe!
Take a look at our 2 reopening videos, informing you of the measures we have taken and procedures we have made to ensure Kings Fitness & Leisure is compliant with all current government guidance.
Our cleaning schedules and procedures have been enhanced to maintain a high level of hygiene at Kings Fitness. Our new cleaning procedures include:
- All cleaning of touch points and equipment is carried out with a high level disinfectant and multi surface cleaner, certified to kill enveloped viruses.
- We have introduced hygiene tables across the site and have increased the amount of disinfectant spray and disposable tissue available to encourage members to wipe down equipment before and after use.
- We have incorporated extra time between classes to facilitate a thorough deep clean of studio equipment between sessions.
- Periodically, we carry out a thorough deep clean which includes the use of modern fogging equipment
We're monitoring government guidance and working with UK Active to facilitate social distancing via the following measures:
- We have reduced the capacity in our gym, this capacity is managed by the member of staff positioned in the gym. Some equipment has either been removed or spaced apart to accommodate for social distancing.
- We have reduced the capacity in our group exercise classes and use floor markings to inform participants where to position themselves.
- The Swimming Pool is managed to adhere to all current guidance, working to achieve no more than 1 person per 3m2 of the water.
- We have introduced the use of plastic screens at reception desks to protect our members and staff.
- We have clear posters and floor markings to help members and staff stay a suitable distance apart.
team member safety
We're doing everything we can to ensure our team members are kept safe.
- We have completed Covid-19 competency tests for our Lifeguards returning to the poolside.
- We have introduced hand sanitiser stations for members and staff throughout the centre
- Team members have been told they should not leave home if they display any of the symptoms associated with Covid-19.
- The team are washing their hands frequently throughout shifts, and at the beginning and end of their work schedule.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) has been provided for team members if they feel the need to wear it, or to use following first aid protocols.
one way systems & Face coverings
To further facilitate social distancing, the team at Kings promote one-way systems through the whole Club, including the astro turf.
- Please stay to the left hand side of the corridors, following the black arrows on the yellow tape.
- Please swipe your membership card at the reception desks, to mark your attendance. We need you to do this to record your attendance, monitor capacities and for track and trace obligations.
- Please access the gym through the fire exit leading from the car park, please follow the arrows to exit out of the same door. Please do not use the internal door. This is for staff only.
- Please access the Group Exercise Studios from the main entrance door, following the walk ways.
- The pool can be accessed along the main corridor, and exited via the back of the changing village.
- The Astro Turf can be accessed using the side gate, and exited up the slope, following your individual club's guidance.
- We are encouraging the use of Face Coverings at Kings Fitness, in all communal areas. This includes reception, corridors, changing rooms and toilets.